Hebrew Meaning: The name Sapphire is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Sapphire is: Sapphire (gem); beautiful.
Similarly one may ask, how do you pronounce sapphire?
Consequently, is there sapphire in the Bible?
Sapphire is also mentioned at least 12 times in the Bible, such as “Under his feet was something like a pavement made of sapphire, clear as the sky itself” from Exodus 24:10. … It was also once thought that the stone tablets on which the Ten Commandments were inscribed were made from Sapphire.
What are the most unique girl names?
Classically Unique Baby Girl Names
Sapphire is a gemstone associated with royalty. It is believed to attract abundance, blessings, and gifts. It has been used to protect against negative energies, as well as calm the mind, strengthen intuition, and invite spiritual clarity.
The name Sapphire is a girl’s name of Hebrew origin meaning “blue”.
Girl Names That Mean Blue
- Aaliyah (Hebrew origin), meaning ‘heavens, highborn and exalted’, this name is a homage to the blue sky.
- Afina (Romanian origin), meaning ‘blueberry’ a cute name for your little girl.
- Amrin (Arabic origin), meaning ‘blue sky’.
- Anurna (Aboriginal origin), this name means ‘blue water lily’.
- Nicknames: Saph, Saphie.
- Famous people named Sapphire: Pro wrestler Sapphire (real name: Juanita Wright); novelist Sapphire (real name: Ramona Lofton); actress Sapphire Elia.
- Fun fact: Sapphire is the September birthstone.
- More Inspiration:
The rarest sapphire is the Padparadscha, an extremely rare pink and orange stone that is stunning to behold. However, the most valuable sapphires are the Kashmir variants, which are blue.