Streaking is usually caused by a worn out drum unit or spent toner cartridge. … Remove the cartridge and rock it back and forth a few times over a trashcan to evenly redistribute the toner powder. Some toner powder may emit from the cartridge as you do this. Reinstall the toner cartridge and run a test print.
Simply so, how do I align my Brother printer?
You can also press [Settings]>[Maintenance]>[Improve Print Quality]>[Alignment]. Press [Next]. Swipe up or down or press or to display the paper size that needs a print alignment adjustment, and then press it. Press [Basic alignment] or [Advanced alignment].
Additionally, how do I get rid of the black line on my printer?
You can normally fix that by doing the following:
- Check the drum, print head, ink cartridge or toner cartridge for seals that should have been removed when it was installed or even sticky blobs left behind.
- Run a printer clean.
- Replace the drum or toner cartridge.
How do you clean toner cartridges on a Brother printer?
The most common fix to remove lines and shading on your print jobs
- Pull the print cartridge out.
- Look to see if there is a line on the imaging drum of the print cartridge. …
- Replace the defective print cartridge with a new one.
- Place the print cartridge back in the machine.
Black, cyan, magenta, or yellow vertical lines or streaks can be caused by a dirty corona wire, a toner cartridge, or the drum unit. Follow the steps below to clean the corona wire and the drum roller.
Black lines on copies and prints means there is an issue with the drum. … The drum is also delicate, so if it gets disrupted there will be defects on every print or copy you make. In some cases the drum can be repaired, but in most cases it will need to be replaced. Drums are susceptible to wear and tear.